Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hot Summer Jazz and Art


I'm busy as a bumble bee, getting ready for my booth at the Art and Jazz show tomorrow night.
Here's the scoop from the
Santa Paula Times:

Experience an al fresco evening of classic jazz in tandem with local art Friday, August 17, 2007 from 5 pm - 8 pm in Downtown Santa Paula in front of the South Paseo at 926 E. Main Street. The Santa Paula Downtown Merchants Association is sponsoring “Hot Summer Jazz and Art” featuring Bryan McCann’s The GrooveHead Band and a select myriad of local artists with resident celebrity and artist, Pattie Wack. All art will be for sale through the Santa Paula Society of Art. Each artist will be on hand for commentary. The event is free to the public.

Main Street in front of the South Paseo will be closed and transformed into a courtyard environment. Linen covered tables with umbrellas will be available for dinning and surrounded by art. Patrons are encouraged to bring a boxed dinner from the participating downtown restaurants: Chili Hut, Vince’s, Santa Paula Coffee Company, Mupu Grill, Los Arcos, La Terraza, The Grove, Pamela’s, and Tlaquepaque.For more information, please contact Debbie Johnson - (805) 525-1890 or Rochelle Margolin - (805) 525-2873.




The canopy arrived last night and I could hardly wait to get it up this morning and start working. Here’s Scott after he put up the canopy. Pretty funny. He’s between a double Pattie. I got so tickled I almost dropped the camera. I think the art walk is gonna be tons of fun! I hope there are lots of people there.



My letters turned out so WACKY! I covered them with silver glitter after spraying them with glue, then hot glued old jewelry and junk to them.



I got glitter EVERYWHERE. I might have to invest in a better vacuum cleaner, just because of glitter. Yikes! But I love the Wrights appliqués, and used a ton of them on the letters, and just hot glued them on. Plus, I had to add pompoms to the bottoms of the letters with dangles. Woohoo!



I hung the letters on the front of the canopy with heavy upholstery trim. I was going for a kitschy kewl look, and I think I got it. Now, it’s back to pricing pieces and figuring out where I’m going to display everything. I'll see you all there tomorrow!

No comments: