Saturday, December 7, 2013

How To Make Fluffy Pompom Slippers


Don't you love waking up on Christmas morning and putting your feet into some fluffy slippers before they hit the cold floor?  Me too!  And if you're looking for a way to add a personal touch to a gift this Christmas, I think these would be so much fun to give or to get.  

All you need to do purchase a pair of slippers and make matching pompoms.  Of course if you are a knitter or love to crochet, you'll be making your own slippers. (insert happy face) I attached my pompoms with big safety pins so that I can take the pompoms off when I toss the slippers in the washing machine.  

If you're shopping on a budget, it's a good idea to buy several pairs for your friends and family in the same color so that you can create a little assembly line of the same color of pompoms.  
That way you can get by with just 2 skeins of yarn for several presents.  Right?  

I hope you like them, and spread the fluffy love with fluffy pompom slippers for everyone!

You’ll need:  
Purchased or handmade slippers 
2 Large safety pins
Yarn that I used to match my raspberry red slippers :
MODA DEA™Cheerio: 1 Ball No. 8778 Ruby
MODA DEA™Cartwheel: 1 Ball No. 9745 Raspberries

Steps:
Wind both colors of yarn at one time onto the pompom tool at the 4” step, and wind 25 times.
Tie the center of the pompom tightly with 12” length of yarn.
Cut the pompom away from the tool.
Pin the pompom to the toe of the slipper with a large safety pin.
Repeat for the other slipper.

Happy Holidays!
PattieWack



No comments: