Thursday, December 12, 2013

How To Make Pompom Pens!

Pompom Pens are the perfect idea for Christmas gifts, and I've been working like crazy on pompom goodies to sell in our iLoveToCreate Christmas boutique next week.  My stash of yarn has been so great for all of these projects since they don't need to match each other, but they are so pretty with mixed bits of yarn in coordinating colors, don't you think?

These are super quick to make and would be just the ticket for office gifts or stocking stuffers.  It only takes about 15 to 20 minutes to make one, and nobody will walk away from your desk with these pens without anyone noticing, right?  

My daughter Stacey and I did a bouquet of pens to take to the treasurer's office where she works, and she is hoping that they'll add a little pizzzaz to the boring counter.

Here's what you'll need:



Steps:

  1. Make a 2-inch pompom on the Pattiewack Pompom Tool, ending the last 10 winds with contrasting yarn. (Watch the video here for pompom how-to.)
  2. Tape pompom wires to end of pen with tape, continuing the tape all the way to the tip. 
  3. Peel off backing from tape to expose adhesive.
  4. Starting at the tip of the pen, wind yarn around pen to cover the adhesive, all the way to the top.  Tie off the end of the yarn to finish.


Now if I don't sell all my pens at the boutique, I'm ready to write in my bunny journal, sign Christmas cards, or give away my pens for gifts!  Let me know what you're making for Christmas this year....

Merry Christmas Everyone!

PattieWack




No comments: