Sunday, July 26, 2015

Gazebo Make-Over - DIY Curtains


Being outdoors is one of my favorite things, and we've been doing a gazebo make-over all summer that is giving me the perfect spot to chill out in the evenings.  Scott has done a remarkable job because if you've been to our house, you know that in the middle of the floor there used to be a sunken heart shaped hot tub... (!!) ...yes, a hot tub shaped like a heart. 
Not cool, right?...


Yikes!  Talk about throw-back to the 70's ..plus the hot tub had a hole in it.  Ugh.  But Scott managed to cut the edge off and build a floor over it that looks amazing.  


He painted the new hexagon patterned floor, added the corrugated steel around the outside. Plus, he built this lazy swing out of wooden pallets for relaxing and pretty much turned our sad gazebo into our mini Taj Mahal right in the backyard.  


We gathered twigs from old shrubs and I built the chandelier around a thrift store rack and an Edison bulb that makes some cool shadows on the roof at night. 


 Today we decided to add curtains on the back to muffle the neighborhood noise and just make it look more finished.  He installed a rope with eye-hooks so that I could string the loops of the curtains through it.


Then I grabbed this cool decorative trim that I found a few weeks ago at JoAnn Fabrics.  It looks like measuring tape, sort of.  I didn't know what in the world I was going to do with it when I bought it, but I knew it would come in handy sometime, and this was the perfect solution for tie-backs.


I wrapped the taped around the gazebo poles and bunched up the curtains so that they would be a little wind and noise break when the neighbors are outside at the same time we are trying to relax:)


All I did was tie the tape into a square knot and that was it.  Super fast and easy.  And I like how the 'measuring tape' looked rustic like the gazebo.


I'm so happy with the way it turned out!
So tonight you can bet this is where you'll find us with a cold refreshment and a little bit of laziness.  

This summer while we were doing all of our gazebo make-overs, I was snapping pics the whole time.  You can bet I'll be putting some how-to's on the blog soon, so you can check out just how simple it is to do your own gazebo make-over!


I hope you are enjoying my DIY journey and keep coming back for more ideas, tips, how-to's, and projects to craft, create, and decorate.

See you in the next post! 

Check out other PattieWack social media


 YouTube and Instagram!




  



No comments: